Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I try

I've been trying to get the word 'try' out of my vocabulary (ooops there I go again!) To try means to 'make an effort or attempt'. If you really intend to do something, why say 'I'll try'? It really means that you're allowing yourself to not get it done.

Yesterday as I headed out for a run (yes a run) our little neighbour asked what I was doing, so I replied 'I'm trying to run'. She cocked her head to one side, screwed up her nose and said 'Why are you trying to run?' Bingo! There's my wake up call - why try? - just do it! You'll be amazed at what you can achieve when you consciously remove this word from your vocab.

Yes I am running! I've been running the past 4 of 5 afternoons and yesterday I saw a real improvement - chasing Trav around the local streets I kept up for a lot longer than I'd expected to, I enjoy it so much that when I finally catch my breath (about 20 minutes later) I actually feel like going out again!

I was lucky enough to attend the best ever hens party on Sunday, we were enjoying manicures and massages with high tea at the Royal Botanic Gardens, there wasn't one little bit of men's anatomy in sight and I met some really lovely girls, I just hope my bridesmaids look after me as well as myself and the 'self appointed lady-in-waiting' did for our friend when arranging the day!

I'm still busy sewing up a storm at the moment, hence my lack of interesting posts, but I'll soon have a complete outfit to show you - all ready to attend our close friends' wedding at - wait for it - Jacques Reymond. Can't wait!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...