Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Are you Fitted for Work?


Today I copped a drenching as I headed into town to deliver a very special Christmas gift. A few months ago I came across a volunteer organisation called Fitted for Work. Based in Melbourne, they are a dedicated bunch of ladies whose mission is to help long term unemployed or disadvantaged women back into the workforce. They do this by running workshops on interview and presentation skills and providing these women with clothing donated by us.
I had a few items of gently work office clothing I no longer wear, as well as a few unopened gifts of bath and shower gel, perfume and candles waiting around for someone else to make use of them. Kim from Fitted for Work was very happy to hear from me and she said they love to be able to include a little Christmas gift as a suprise for their clients.

I just love the feeling of fulfillment that comes from focusing on others instead of myself during Christmas. If you have any professional clothing (old suits, shirts etc) that still have plenty of life in them, please get in touch with Fitted for Work, items can be dropped off at Northcote and the CBD.

Give a little this Christmas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...