Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What goes around...

I breathe a sigh of relief as the first few raindrops land on the window, I think everyone around here is relieved at the cool change breezing through Melbourne right now - 35deg at midnight?? Enough is enough!

Kitchen Karma has got to be the best kind! My good friend was thinking of investing in a food dehydrator and as mine's been sitting quietly in the cupboard for at least 8 months, I offered it to her to try out first.
Two weeks later I received a special homemade jar of the sweetest semi-dried cherry tomatoes as a thank you!

Kitchen Karma!


My man is at army training for the next 2 weeks so I'm working through all sorts of movies and projects that i've been saving for these episodes, and I'm finally ticking off a couple of recipes I've been looking forward to. Two words. Nigella Lawson. I know I know everyone has their own opinion but as this is my blog my opinion is that whatever makes people want to cook is fine by me!

So encouraged by our heatwave, I started with the Spiced Pink Soup from her Forever Summer series. It was dead easy to make and I enjoyed my first bowl tonight. The cumin in this recipe gives the beetroot a hint of warmth and smokiness (even in a cold soup) and  the lime adds in a refreshing zing. And who could resist the colour??

Tempted?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...