Monday, February 22, 2010

A Moment to Myself

One friend is making a new start today, I wish her all the best.
One friend has lost something, I wish I could help her.

"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?" God, Evan Almighty (2007)

I like this quote, no one can change your behaviour for you, you must do the hard yards yourself. It's very much about breaking habits, when we're presented with an opportunity to change sometimes the habitual response is so well ingrained that we react automatically, without even realising it.
To change requires awareness and focus.

If your mind isn't clear then how will you be prepared for the opportunity? Make the decision.

When your mind is foggy all you can do is rely on auto-pilot to guide you. I wholly believe that your surrounds can make a big impact on your mood and I know how much more organised my mind is when my house is under control. This actually works 2 ways, because my organised mind then gives me more peace at work.

Ever had a truly wonderful weekend but found that by the time Sunday night rolls around you realise you don't feel refreshed or relaxed at all? Even though it was full of great moments and special people? I can hear you thinking 'What a terrible bore to have such a busy schedule - full of all those moments and people'. If all this activity becomes irritating, then it's probably a warning sign. It's time to schedule 'nothing' in the calendar and that's exactly what I've done.

I am sometimes envious of my friends who just chill out at home all weekend, they may not have had the excitement I did but I bet they are much better prepared to face a new week. I can't say I don't enjoy it, that would be ungracious. I need to reconsider my commitments, things are out of balance.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...