Monday, January 31, 2011

February Forecast: Dry

Febfast Update Hi Everyone,

Just popping in to let you know why I've decided to take on this seemingly crazy project ... and you know I love projects!

I came across the idea while reading the very inspiring work of Sarah Wilson and when I jumped onto the FebFast website I was really excited about the testimonials of past fasters and wanted to be in on the action.

I mean - a clearer mind, better sleep, being more productive, enjoying bright and early mornings, a stronger mind and body - who wouldn't want a piece of that??

Now it's not like I drink a LOT, in fact I enjoy several AFD free days a week but I'd just like to feel the difference going dry for a whole month will do for me. And of course, there's nothing better than setting a goal and achieving it!

'But, Christie - don't you work in the wine industry?'
Yes. Yes I do.
'Isn't this a bit, you know, not in the spirit of the industry?'
Well maybe, but I'm talking about MY best interests here - nothing else. And besides, although I love a nice drop of Victorian wine as much as the next gal, I'm under no illusions that I'm keeping the industry afloat all by myself. Got it? Good.

So if you understand what I'm trying to achieve here, and you want to lend a hand to young people battling alcohol and drug abuse, please donate to my worthy cause, it's good karma!

I'll update my blog weekly, and I'll set some little challenges along the way to see just how well this new and improved me can perform. Who knows - I might even pick up some great new habits... 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...