Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My thoughts on 2011

The time has come when we are given a fresh start. A blank canvas. A new chance. A new year. 365 days to do with whatever we see fit.

Or is it?

Someone once said
You decide every moment of every day who you are and what you believe in.
You get a second chance, every second.
I haven't tied myself to a long list of resolutions and I'm not starting out on an ambitions fitness plan either. 2010 was a big one for us, with really big highs at our wedding in June, to a couple of thumping lows with the passing of some loved ones. Everyone was bracing themselves for 2010 - we were promised be a big year and I don't think anyone was untouched.

We have our plans and goals for 2011, there are some things we hope to achieve by the end of they year, and the plan is in place, but my own 2011 intention is to take it slow and keep it simple. I'll be doing things because they make me happy this year, and won't be committing to too much or too many. If I feel that I'm starting to miss the little details that make life grand then I'll know it's time to take a step back and take my second chance. The beauty is this - we don't need a New Year to make a change or start something new - we get that second chance, every second of every day - take it if you need to.


Thanks to Me from iwrotethisforyou for the quote.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...