Thursday, November 26, 2009

The tip-off

The hunt has begun.

I've put the word out for anyone who sees one to point me in the direction of an old wine box so that I too can carry a week's worth of groceries on the back of my bike. I was chatting to my colleague this morning when he suggested I try Nick's Cellars in High St Armadale or Prince Wine Store in Sth Melbourne. They sometimes sell them off for nothing but a few bucks.
I've scoured eBay and came across this '96 Penfolds 6 bottle box...


But I think I'm looking for something a little more obscure. I ducked into the Prince at lunchtime today and also CloudWine to no avail. Prince don't have any at the moment and CloudWine keeps all his - he did suggest Gray's second hand store across the road...


They had an assortment of lacquered 6-bottlers for $29 each, but still - Penfolds, Brown Brothers, Coldstream Hills? None of them were calling me...

As I pondered, I found myself wandering into one of the most beautiful florists in Melbourne, In Full Bloom. I forgot all about my worries when I spied the old clawfoot bath in the window brimming with fluffy white Hydrangea - just like a big floral bubble bath!


And then, a funny thing happened on the way to the car...


This time I can't say 'I wish I had my camera!'

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...