Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Here comes the rain

Thanks for the pic tome213



Mmmm I just love listening to the rain on our tin roof - I grew up under a tin roof and now can't imagine living without one. Note to self - dream home must have tin roof. Last night, just after we crawled under the covers and turned off the light it started, just a few sporadic drops to start with - when you're not quite sure if it's going to set in - but soon enough it was beating down steadily right above our heads - this is the best way to fall asleep.



Rain in Melbourne is a constant mystery, I'm not one to rely on the forecast (I don't believe it when they predict rain) so I'm often caught in it without an umbrella on the way to or from work. I like to think I'm helping to break the drought.



In a strange way, I look forward to winter - I enjoy hibernating inside in bad weather (always have a project or two going) but I also enjoy layering up and feeling the fresh air on my face outside. It sort of makes me feel like a child again - maybe it's also got something to do with my birthday being in June!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...