Friday, August 27, 2010

Call me converted...

In the days before I was trying to simplify my life, my husband bugged me about getting a breadmaker. I resisted for a couple of reasons - I enjoy making bread from time to time and didn't want to be replaced by a machine. I saw a breadmaker as another gadget to add to the kitchen (after clearing out so much useless stuff!) and one that also uses quite a lot of electricity.

So about a month ago we brought one back from his parent's house to test it out. I still wasn't convinced - even the sheer size of the thing is a turnoff in our small but very efficient kitchen. Now I think I'm starting to see the light - we've enjoyed homemade bread for the last few weeks (except for an odd indulgence from the farmers market) and it certainly is convenient, like most households we'll tend to run out of milk or bread more than anything else so at least one of these is now covered (until we get a cow!). The breadmaker sits on the laundry bench (not taking up any valuable kitchen space) and we awake to the smell of warm fresh bread every few mornings. I haven't tallied up the exact cost comparison - but I'd say the homemade bread definitely comes out in front.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...