Monday, October 4, 2010

Spring's Bounty...

Aaah finally a proper spring weekend, more than anything I appreciated two full days of sunshine in a row!
Yesterday was the much anticipated return of the Melbourne Showgrounds Farmers Market - let's see how simple it really is to make a healthy difference in you life...


This bounty of goodness cost $125 (inc $3 parking) and I received one of the silver beet and cauliflowers for free! All the vegies you see are organic except the cos lettuce, the eggs are from free range hens courtesy of Kaz's Googs, the chicken is from Yapunyah Meadow Graze Chicken (a whole lot better than free-ranged) and the beef is all Victorian grass fed from Family Farmed Meats. That's excellent value and my weekly shop was done in less than an hour. I love the fact that you're face to face with the producers and they're ready to answer any questions you might think of - try that out in your local supermarket and see how far you get!

My point is that it doesn't cost the earth to eat organic and well, and like so many other things I'm discovering, it not only benefits yourself, but the greater community and environment as well.


My final thought for the day is yet another thing I learned from my dog. His diet has changed dramatically over the past year - and in recent months as we improve our own diet we keep bumping into his! This time it's the benefits of Celtic Sea Salt over regular salt - it's a good salt that helps carry minerals throughout your body and can prevent cramps among other things - so from now on we're going Celtic too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...